Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Last intro.....




I thought this post would be appropriate since I am introducing people and Mother's Day is coming up this weekend. Ashley's mother, Debra, passed away last July after battling Ovarian Cancer for almost five years. I never really considered her my mother-in-law, you know I hate an "in-law" reference, but more like a real mother and great friend. She was the most inspirational person I have ever and will ever meet. I hope that one day I can be as wonderful a person and make such an impact on so many people's lives as she did. One of my friends told during the funeral how lucky I was. I was totally dumbfounded and just looked at her through my largely swollen red eyes as if she had three heads. She said, "You are so lucky to have a Debra in your life. I will never have someone that special or that even remotely compares to her in my life. You should be lucky and thankful that you had the opportunity to know her and love her." My friend was right and that is what helps me keep going.




2 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

You are VERY lucky to have had a Debra in your life...I feel like I am truly a better person for the short time I knew and loved her. I enjoyed reading this (through the tears of course) remembering her wonderful spirit and beautiful personality always makes me feel warm and happy.

Anonymous said...

Debra and I met on the phone first before Ashley came to Florida to meet the rest of Brittany's family. We instantly developed a bond that only grew stronger. During the summer of 2005, we decided we had been sisters forever but had just found each other. She truly had a wonderful spirit. We could actually finish each other's sentences. We had a blast together and I believe I am a better person for having known her. To this day, I talk to her and know that she is laughing that wonderful, contagious laugh she had at all the silly stunts I pull. She will always be the best friend I have ever had. By the way, did I mention that we were nurses and had worked in ICU? But you could have probably guessed that, since we were sisters! I love ya Deb. Keep watching over us, 'cause you know we need it. See ya! Paula