Monday, September 8, 2008

Birthday Frenzy!

The month of August in the Morgan family is a birthday frenzy!! We have four birthdays, Ashley, Savannah, Amy, and Uncle Reb. The normal thing to do for a birthday is a dinner at the restaurant of your choice. Since there were so many, we decided to have dinner in (we like to save money) at Skip's house. Even though it wasn't my birthday, we did eat my favorite meal.....low country boil with shrimp and we spiced it up with some crab claws!!!! For those of you who know me, you know I love to eat and I was in Heaven!!!! When it was presents time, it looked more like Christmas in August. Check it out!


This may not look like a ton of gifts, but let me tell you it was. There were even gifts on the floor.



All the birthday people and Jackson squeezed in


We are big on birthdays in this family. Each person had their own cake/cupcakes to blow out candles. The green cake stand is this really obnoxious stand that spins, lights up and sings happy birthday all at once. I found it in some of my mother-in-law's old things and made it a tradition that every birthday we have to use it. It has become a huge joke that everyone loves!!!


Birthday frenzy is over until it hits in my side of the family in April, we have 5 then. Stay tuned......

5 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

I bet that cake stand IS pretty funny! low country boil...mmmm, i'm hungry!

Colly said...

I would really, really like to have that cake stand.

The Morgans said...

Amber and Colly,
What you would like even more is the spectacle I make over that stand. It even travels to the restaurants when we eat out. It is quite hilarious!!! My sister in law was going to put it in a yard sale we were having and I scooped it up when no one was looking and busted it out at the first birthday and everyone loved it!!!

Colly said...

That was great of you to do that! I would have done the same thing! I too would embarass people in restaurants with it!

Chap and Heather said...

Hmmm...that meal sounds yummy! Traditions are great so don't ever give up on the cake stand! =)