Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sadness

It is a known fact that most women only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials and pre-game and half time performances. I say "most" because there are some women out there that are true die hard pro football fans. I do love football, but mostly college. Therefore, I watch the Super Bowl for the commercials and performances......oh and because it gives me a reason to eat fun finger foods on a Sunday night for supper.



I am not normally a huge Jennifer Hudson fan. I do think she has a beautiful voice and she has been through some serious trauma and I feel for her. I just never really listened to her music or watched her on American Idol. BUT, last night she totally smoked The National Anthem and looked really gorgeous doing it. I was completely blown away and did have a few tears. I won't lie.....I'm sappy. Her performance was pretty much all I talked about last night.

Well, I read the news this morning........she was totally lip-syncing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This hurts! Normally you can tell when people are lip-syncing, but I could not and am in complete shock, betrayed even.





My next disappointment came with the commercials. I think there are maybe two commercials that really got a good laugh out of me. I just thought that most of them were just ridiculous. For 30 seconds to cost 3 million dollars or some absurd figure I heard, they really should get some better writers. Let the writers of The Office do the commercials. Now that would be worth the money and worth watching.

Lastly, the Boss had a good performance, but nothing to really get excited about unless you are a huge Springsteen fan. I would rather go for some choreographed dance moves, but that's just me!

Oh well........there's always next year.

It was a great game and I am very glad the Steelers won!

2 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

I had NO idea she was lipsyncing either?? WOW! She had us totally fooled! We were crying...as well...you're not such a sap =)

My favorite part of "The Boss" performance was when he slid crotch first into the camera man. How hilarious was that??!!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I'm with you guys, I did not know she was lipsyncing. I did not watch the game, but did watch her. I also feel betrayed.