Monday, December 1, 2008

Drastic Days

My mother-in-laws birthday was last Saturday (Nov. 22nd) and in honor of her, I have been growing my hair for donation for WELL OVER a year. For those of you who have never grown your hair for a reason, you must have extreme patients. Well, if you know me, you know that patients is not one of my best virtues, but definitely something I am working on. I cut over 8 inches of my hair off last Friday, November 21st. The ponytail of hair had to be 8 inches and my stylist (Nichole) had to shape things up, so it was at least 9 inches. After much anticipation, a few deep breaths, and Nichole trying to keep me from passing out.............the hair was gone. Yes, at first I felt like Matilda with a giraffe neck. It was for a good cause, so just another reason to laugh at myself. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?



There are two ponytails because I have amazingly thick hair and still with two ponytails, Nichole had to cut each one three times. My mom and I got the lots of hair jean, my brother and dad....not so much!










This is before a major color overhaul and a fixing the crazy ends!!!


This was after everything the next night at a wedding.........it was, or should I stay still is an adjustment. The best picture I could come up with!

So, I am back into growing my hair out, I don't think I will be able to make it next November, so this will be a true test of patience......2 years......just stick with me!!

Happy Birthday Deb!!! And on this same day, was Ashley's oldest brother, Trey's birthday.....Happy Birthday Trey Bird! We love you!

6 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

Love it!! Such a wonderful thing you did, and I think your hair is adorable =)

Colly said...

I think that is really special. Your are a super trooper for doing that. So what do you do with the hair? Does the stylist mail it in somewhere for you? How does that work? And I love the cut and color, I think it looks great.

The Morgans said...

Colly, I had to put the hair in a zip lock bag and mail into Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I used them b/c they give wigs to adult women. Have you ever felt a ponytail full of cut off hair? It is really weird......if you ever decide to cut your hair off you should do this!!!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I love the haircut! It was such a wonderful donation. I know Debra is proud of you as well. I know I am! I couldn't ask for a greater daughter than you. I am so lucky! Can't wait till Christmas and my two South Carolina kids coming home for a visit. By the way, the next thing I look forward to....Graduation day 2012! Yahoo! Love lots, Mom

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

wow! I think the cut looks great!! what a great gift to your MIL!

The Morgans said...

Mom if you didn't say that we would all be worried. Thanks everyone!