Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall is in the air.....

I just had to share with everyone the biggest and most beautiful mum I have ever seen. My sister-in-law Jaime bought me this beautiful mum. I have seen this them this big, but they are normally astronomically expensive and I am too cheap to buy them. My thrifty sister paid less than $20. The picture absolutely does not do it justice, but it was taken with my cell phone. (Side note.....I lost the battery charger to my camera) This will be the before picture and when it is in full bloom I will take another picture and let everyone see. This picture is a week old, so we are at partial bloom now so stay tuned.



Oh and for all you crazy Carolina Gamecock fans, it is a maroon/garnet color. That is my favorite mum color, but I was instructed by the hubby that an orange mum must be purchased.

Also, my father-in-law bought me a pumpkin and it is on the step below the mum in the picture (on the left side, you can kind of see it)......and yes, the mum is so big you can't see it.

3 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

Mmmmm...I LOVE fall!! We put our mums and pumpkins out last weekend, it was my favorite!! Wilson's actually had a great deal on some nice sized mums for $3 (in case you want to give Ashley his 'Clemson' mum...I prefer garnett myself!)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

yea GAMECOCKS! I love fall too...it is my favorite season. what is this Wilson's place with $3 mums?? is there one in Columbia?

Colly said...

That is a FINE looking Mum!!! My Mum looks a lot better though, and makes me dinner and buys me stuff, and didn't cost me anything!!! JK.....oh Todd.