Monday, June 15, 2009

Family Time

I know it has been a while since I posted something new.....my grandfather reminds me of that every time I talk to him. So, I thought I might catch everyone up, however, there isn't much to talk about when you are out of work and stay at home all day.



Recently my parents and their friend Tommy rode their Harley's out for another visit. This time we were fortunate enough to actually get to do something exciting while they were here. We went to Folly Beach, SC for the weekend. Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Reb were nice enough to let us stay in their condo for the weekend and Abby, who lives in the condo, was nice enough to go away for the weekend so we could stay. Thanks to you all! We had a wonderful time! We went to the beach, ate tons of good food, and did a little site seeing in downtown Charleston. Here are a few photos from the trip!


Red hair, fair skin people don't take to the sun well!

After the beach, we went to downtown Charleston to have dinner. Pre-Dinner drinks and appetizers at the Noisy Oyster.


We ate dinner at Hank's. If you ever get the chance to eat there....by all means do! It was so scrumptious!! Mom, Dad and Tommy are still talking about it!

After a fantastic weekend in Folly and Charleston, Mom, Dad and Tommy had to venture on back home. Since I don't work I decided to follow along. I followed them home and spent a week with my family and friends! Here are just a few photos.....I forget about my camera sometimes.

My best friend Kakki.....this picture took 8 trys. They are called photo shoots when it comes to Kakki. Oh, and for those of you who know and remember Kakki....she is happily engaged and getting married this summer on the beach in Florida! I couldn't be happier for her!


Me and Gatlin



My Brother.....we spent lots of quality time together. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I am sure he was indifferent about it.
Last, but certainly not least...Mr. Corbin Max. Corbin is now 6 months old and weighing in at a whopping 24 lbs. Yes, I said that correctly....24 lbs. He was in his carrier about to leave and I picked the carrier up and thought I was going to drop him. He is a growing boy!


The end of my trip could have been the best part. My cousin, Chris, who has been in the Air Force living in Hawaii for 4 years finally made it home. He is now out of the Air Force and has been backpacking through Europe for 2 months and made it home. I got to see him for the first time in over 2 years! He will be making a trek around the Eastern part of the US visiting family and friends before he has to settle down and try and go back to college. He should be in my area around September, so be looking for that post.

I promise the next post will come pretty quickly...my Mom and I leave for Boston in a week!!!


3 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

wow, Carter is one and weighs 24lbs. just to put that in perspective. Glad you had fun!

Chap and Heather said...

Haha, don't worry Bobby Joe, Chap would be RIGHT beside you under his swaddle too. I'm glad you guys had fun...you were gone forever! Congrats to Kaki!! Oh, and I can't wait to hear more about this trip to Boston, how fun??!!

Colly said...

You sure are having a fun summer. Gotta love it! Can't wait for the next post!