Friday, January 9, 2009

It just isn't my day

I have come to the conclusion that December 30th is just not my day.

The reasoning behind such a conclusion would be that December 30th, 2007, I spent the entire day in the ER in Arkansas while Ashley and I were visiting my family for Christmas. I had to have a shot and a CAT Scan, which said I was normal, but I know quite a few people that would argue that fact.

Second reason, December 30th, 2008, our dog Max got attacked by our neighbor's dog (this was the day after we got home from a 10 day trip to Arkansas for Christmas.....what a welcome home??). For those of you who don't know, Max weighs 10 pounds soaking wet and does not meet a stranger or strange dog. He loves to lick people/dogs in the face b/c that is his way of showing love. The neighbor's dog which is an Akita is VERY large. So after a punctured lung, 15 staples from a deep muscle laceration in the shoulder, a chipped vertebrae in the neck, bruised lungs, ulcers in the eyes, and air in the chest wall........well, Max is working his way back to normal. He gets his staples out on Monday and I am hoping we will be good to go!!!

Dealing with a very sick/hurt dog that can't tell you where it hurts and what is wrong is something that I would compare to dealing with a sick baby that can't tell you where it hurts either. We were up round the clock giving medicine. I didn't get much sleep for about a week b/c I was to consumed with worry that he was hurting or going to pull a staple out. This said, I am still not ready for children. I feel like I have two already with the dogs and sometimes three if you include Ashley.

December 30th, 2009, I plan on locking both dogs in the house, taking plenty of Tylenol and not doing anything. I am not taking my chances this year.

Christmas post to come over the weekend.

2 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

Oh wow, that is not a lucky day for you! I am so sorry for Max, I am glad to hear he's doing better. I hope Drake is takin' it easy on him...speaking of Drake, where was big brother during the attack?? Isn't that a big brother's duty?? Like I told you earlier...if Chap and I need to come over in our camo to take care of that Akita dog, just let us know!

At least you get the bad day out of the way at the end of the year...that wouldn't be a fun way to start the year. Give Max a stink kiss for me =)

Colly said...

Well, Christmas sounded and looked wonderful, I'm glad you had a good time. But this post sounds awful! Are you okay?? Why did you have to go to the hospital? How is Max doing, that sounds like a terrible fight? I'm so sorry.