Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Fun

I have to say one of my favorite things to do in the summer is go to baseball games, major or minor league. The Charlotte Knights, a Triple A Minor League team for the Chicago White Sox, play about 15 minutes from our house. We normally make it to a couple of games during the summer and have a blast!!! Why is it that ballpark hot dogs are always the best? Of course one of my favorite reasons for going is the food and cold beer. Ashley and I went on Friday night with a couple of our friends and had a great time, even though it looks like in the picture that the boys aren't. They were not very happy that I wanted to take a picture. Luckily, they survived.

Me, Ashley, JJ and Drew at the game

Homer, the Knights' mascot, I am not really sure why the Knights' mascot is a dragon......

The view from our 8th row seats

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Knights games too. I love to hang around after everybody clears out and get all the free food leftovers they give away if you ask them. (If you haven't done this yet, you should give it a try) It makes up for the 9 inning beer drinking empty space left in your stomach and in your pocket! I got a HUGE bag of popcorn once. I'm talkin Santa's sack! And like 3 pizzas one time. Awesome. Anyway, I believe the mascot is a dragon b/c Knights slay dragons, get it. :-) Knights & Dragons....they're just like PB&J.

The Morgans said...

Colly, I have never tried this after the game free food thing, but trust me I will definitely try that. One time we stayed until the end and Chap won PBR fan of the game and there was a Bucky Covington (American Idol) concert in the parking lot. It was totally random and fun!!!! I get it about the mascot, thanks for clueing me in.
B