Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Almost Famous

Do you know anyone that has a novel published in a well known bookstore, like Barnes and Noble? Well, I do. My mother's best friend (and a very special friend to me), Sandie, has been writing books for several years. She just recently had her first book published. It is a romance novel and appropriately titled Hotel Romance. After getting over the shock that someone I know so well has a book published and in all major bookstores, I read Hotel Romance and I absolutely loved it!!! It was an excellent book, a very good summer/beach book. I would recommend it to anyone.

When Ashley and I made our quick trip to Arkansas to visit, Sandie was having her first book signing. My mom and I went and it was very cool!!!



Sandie and I at the book signing





Sandie signing her first book!!

Check out Sandie's book!!!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Hotel-Romance/Cookie-McGillis/e/9780595435913/?itm=1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back! That is pretty cool!!! I do not have any brushes with fame, which SUCKS!!! I did once meet some of my brother's instructors in the Seals, who were in the movie "The Rock". OH, and of course the Saturn on a street clearly visible in "Shallow Hal" which i used to ride in a lot. I also know the "Teacher of the Year". Am I famous enough yet???

The Morgans said...

Yes, Colly that totally counts!!! The "Teacher of the Year" totally sealed the deal since I know her too! We are good to go!!!

Chap and Heather said...

haha, I wish you guys would fill someone in on my famous status around here!! They forget so easily =)

Anonymous said...

My short friend, you know the one that is almost famous, is presently working on a second book. She has about 20 written, we just need to fine tune them. Anyway, she is working on getting an agent or publicist or someone that can help promote the book! She has another book signing in August at her local library. HEY, I know 2 famous people, 'cause I know that very famous "Teacher of the Year". WOW!