Sunday, October 2, 2011

Serious Business is serious business

So, back in January I Facebook stalked an acquaintance (whom I now call my friend) living in my neighborhood who ran with a few other ladies.  My school schedule had gotten pretty crazy and I was looking for a little motivation for running and needed help with a little time management.  These ladies are all teachers and run at 5 am before going to work.  While I wasn't thrilled about the early mornings or the fast pace at which they ran, I really needed to get with it.  So, I started running with them...............and have never looked back.

These ladies are not just my running partners, but my support group, voice of reason, ears to vent to, and most importantly my friends.  Their friendship means the world to me and I am so thankful I Facebook stalked them and found them!

One of my friend's husband has named our group Serious Business because we are just that......Serious Business!!!

Since January I have:
1. dramatically improved my running pace
2. dramatically improved my self-confidence
3. lost about 10 pounds
4. ran my first race, Come See Me 5k
5. training for my first half-marathon in November
6. have new friends that I truly cherish.
7. have learned to make friends with the early mornings, 5 days a week

My sweet friends have been giving me a hard time that I have yet to write about them in my blog, so hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

Team O'Hare said...

Having friends that make your life better is a life worth living. Look at all those accomplishments!! So proud of you for all of them. xoxo

Amber said...

Way to go girl!