Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Meatloaf or Banana Bread???

I am a frequent baker of banana bread.  I really enjoy cooking/baking and giving my creations to others so they can enjoy.  Who am I kidding??  I normally have bananas that are too ripe to eat and hate to waste food, so I bake banana bread.  Last night was one of those nights.  There was a potluck in the PT office where I am doing my clinical rotation, so what a great time to bake some banana bread.  The bread takes about an hour to bake, so I normally catch up on a few things while it is in the oven.  Well, last night was the season premiere of Bachelor Pad 2 (if you don't know, I love trash TV and it was 3 hours long.......who wouldn't watch??) and so I might have forgotten about banana bread for a bit.  I might have overcooked it by about 10 minutes.  When I took it out of the oven, only the top looked to be a little black.  My hubby reassured me that it wasn't burned to terribly bad, so I decided to go ahead and take it to the potluck. 

Fast forward to the potluck the next day.

Someone asked if my loaf of banana bread wrapped in aluminum foil was meatloaf????  Really??  It wasn't that bad and it really did not look like meatloaf!!!  Of course I was the laughing stock of the office..................

It's the last week at clinical. I guess I might as well go out with a bang!!!

1 comment:

Team O'Hare said...

OMG....Hilarious! 10 minutes??? Or 60?? PS: The clinical family missed out on some AMAZING banana bread. Just ask Jack. :)